Reduce your carbon footprint one tree at a time
The calculator calculates flight emissions per person by mapping the spherical distance between the latitude and longitude of the input locations and multiplying it with suitable emission factors.
To analyse the carbon emissions from your air journey:
- Enter the airports of origin and destination
- Enter the total number of trips taken between the mentioned origin and destination
- Select One Way or Return depending upon your journey type
- Enter the number of individuals you want to calculate the emissions for
- Use the + icon to add multiple trips over your journey
- After entering travel details of all travel modes, press the Analyse button to get your emission summary which you can offset through Auroville forests by choosing the Plant Trees option.
This will direct you to the registration and payment page. And the rest will be taken care of by our hard working Auroville forest group!